With some power budget clawed back, the goal was to get more equipment powered. The plan was to keep going until I ran out of power again.
I ran the power wiring to an ENET shelf, and then started working on getting the fiber run between the message switches and the ENET shelves. After that, I was out of 8AWG wire.
After acquiring more wire, I set to work on getting power to the TME. I didn't need the MTMs yet (not to mention the ISMs in the MCAM make it redundant) but I did need a way to run power to the LGE and DTEI cooling units. I couldn't run 8AWG to the cooling units because of the smaller terminal blocks they used, and I didn't want to use a 30A breaker on anything smaller.
The plan was to repurpose one of the unused 10A breakers in the FSP for the TME to run the cooling units. I chained some 10AWG wire out to the first blower and tested it. It was around then that I realized I would need to run the alarm battery supply (ABS) to the FSPs if I wanted them to work properly, as the breakers could be tripped by the FSP in certain conditions. Again, I ended up having to procure more supplies: this time 10AWG wire and smaller terminals to be used for ABS and fan wiring.
After the fans were wired, I set to work running the ABS wiring. The MCAM had an extra 10A ABS breaker in it's MSP which I used to supply the ABS first to the LGE, then the LCE, DTEI, and finally the TME.
What I did not realize at the time was that I had wired the ABS supply incorrectly. This wasn't entirely my fault, as it looks like it had been wired incorrectly by the nortel installers in the first place. It turns out that they way the FSPs were wired, they expected to receive only the alarm battery supply, and not also the returns. For the returns, one of the other battery returns to the frame was jumpered to the ABS return position. I believe an older variant of the alarm system may not have had these jumpers and may have required both wires to be present.
Incorrectly, both wires had been run when the equipment was installed. This meant that a small 14AWG wire could potentially carry the current of one or multiple larger feeds in the event that a battery return connection had failed. I later realized this mistake and corrected it.
I then moved on to the main power wiring for the LGE. I decided to start with the LGE rather than the DTEI because the LGE would get me lines without reconfiguration, while the DTEI would just get me trunks.
Following that, I ran the fiber for the DS-512 from the LGE into the ENET shelf.
Power for the LCE involved one feed for the LCMs and the ring generators, and another for talk battery. Older variants of the frame were normally run with 10 independent feeds for each LCA, each ring generator, and an A and B talk battery (4 feeds total). Later versions came with jumpers to combine the LCA and ring generators feeds into a single pair of A and B feeds. I made the jumpers to configure mine for the reduced power feed count, and only wired up the A feeds.
The last cables to wire were the DS-30As between the LGC and the LCMs. I soldered the cable ends back together where they were cut and connected them just running across the back of the frames, for now.
The timelapse video is downloadable here: 1032x774 4128x3096
All progress to date is here: 1032x774 4128x3096
The timelapses have been sped up approximately 80x. That is, one second of video corresponds to 80 seconds of real time. The 7 minutes that pass in this timelapse correspond to about 550 minutes or over 9 hours of actual footage. The timelapse was filmed over the course of approximately three weeks.